You have created simple artwork using the basic drawing and painting tools available in Illustrator. You now want to create complex artwork using advanced tools, options, and effects. In addition, you want to ensure that your artwork is ready for commercial printing and also save it for the Web. In this course, you will draw complex illustrations, and enhance them using various painting options. You will also use her techniques using painting tools, manage colors, format type, work with effects, prepare artwork for commercial printing, and prepare graphics for the web.
This course also is designed to cover the Illustrator CS6 Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) certification exam objectives.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to use Adobe® Illustrator® CS6 to create complex illustrations, format illustrations and type, and prepare documents for print and web.
- Customize the Illustrator interface.
- Draw complex illustrations.
- Enhance artwork using painting tools.
- Customize colors and swatches.
- Format type.
- Enhance the appearance of artwork.
- Prepare a document for print output.
- Prepare graphics for the web.
Lesson 1: Customizing the Illustrator Interface
- Topic A: Set User Interface Preferences
- Topic B: Work with the Grid and Guides
- Topic C: Manage Workspaces
Lesson 2: Drawing Complex Illustrations
- Topic A: Combine Objects to Create Complex Illustrations
- Topic B: Work with Layers
- Topic C: Create a Perspective Drawing
- Topic D: Trace Artwork
Lesson 3: Enhancing Artwork Using Painting Tools
- Topic A: Paint Objects with Fills, Strokes, and Gradients
- Topic B: Paint Objects Using Live Paint Groups
- Topic C: Paint with Custom Brushes
- Topic D: Add Transparency and Blending Modes
- Topic E: Apply Meshes to Objects
- Topic F: Apply Patterns
Lesson 4: Customizing Colors and Swatches
- Topic A: Manage Colors
- Topic B: Customize Swatches
- Topic C: Manage Color Groups
- Topic D: Access Pantone Plus Color Libraries
Lesson 5: Formatting Type
- Topic A: Set Character Formats
- Topic B: Apply Advanced Formatting Options to Type
- Topic C: Adjust Hyphenation
Lesson 6: Enhancing the Appearance of Artwork
- Topic A: Apply Effects to an Object
- Topic B: Create Graphic Styles
- Topic C: Apply a Blend to an Object
- Topic D: Apply a Mask to an Object
- Topic E: Create Symbols
- Topic F: Work with Symbol Sets and Symbolism Tools
Lesson 7: Preparing a Document for Print Output
- Topic A: Set Up Artwork for Printing
- Topic B: Prepare Transparent Artwork for Printing
- Topic C: Manage Colors in Printing
Lesson 8: Preparing Graphics for the Web
- Topic A: Create Slices and Image Maps
- Topic B: Save Artwork in the SVG Format
- Topic C: Save Graphics for the Web
Appendix A: Adobe Illustrator CS6 Certification Exam Objectives
Appendix B: Adobe Illustrator CS6: New Features
This course is intended for designers, publishers, pre-press professionals, marketing communications professionals, or people taking on design responsibilities who need to use Illustrator to create illustrations, logos, advertisements, or other graphic documents.
To ensure your success in this course, you should be familiar with basic computer functions such as creating folders, launching programs, and working with Windows. You should also have basic Windows application skills, such as copying and pasting objects, formatting text, and saving files.
Familiarity with basic design terminology, such as palettes, color modes, shapes, text, and paths is highly recommended.
You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the following Logical Operations courses:
- Introduction to Personal Computers Using Windows® 7
- Adobe® Illustrator® CS6: Part 1