Understanding the access network technologies for broadband connectivity provisioning. Deepening the requirements for voice, video and data coexistence in IP connections based on xDSL and FTTx architectures. Indentifying SLAs that the end customer must require the operator for the services integration.
- VoIP and Video streaming
- Web, e-mail and Fast Internet
- Triple Play
- xDSL access network
- DSLAM: ATM / Ethernet aggragation
- Permanent Virtual Circuit
- IP DSLAM, VLAN and Gigabit Ethernet MAN
- Optical WDM rings
- Defining SLAs
- QoS parameters and management
- Loss, Latency and Jitter
- MOS measurements and PSQM
- PPPoX and IPoX encapsulation
- BRAS and RADIUS authentication
- TCP/IP suite and bandwidth issues
- DNS, DHCP and Routing
- SIP, H.323 and H.248
- IP Multicast, PIM and IGMP
- Image Compression and MPEG
Network operating, planning and management personnel and technical support.
Electronics and telecommunications basic skills.