- CCNA Data Center
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Understand Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switch system architecture.
- Understand the architecture, features, and usage of the Cisco Nexus Operating System (NX-OS) Software. Configure network features on Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches for LAN operation.
- Configure Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extenders for operation with the Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches.
- Configure Ethernet port channels and virtual port channels (vPC) on Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches.
- Configure Quality of Service (QoS). Identify and understand the components of the Fibre Channel Protocol, the Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) protocol, and IEEE Data Center Bridging (DCB) Ethernet Enhancements.
- Configure Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches to support the FCoE protocol.
- Configure Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches for connection to the SAN.
- Secure the operation of Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches.
- Configure system management features on Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches.
- Understand the high availability and In Service Software Update (ISSU) features of Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches.
- Module 1: Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switch Product Overview.
- Module 2: Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switch Hardware Architecture and Device Administration.
- Module 3: Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switch Network Feature Configuration.
- Channel Partner / Reseller
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- CCNA Certification recommended.
- Recommended attendance of a Fibre Channel Protocol class or equivalent experience.
- Recommended attendance of the Implementing Cisco Storage Network Solutions (ICSNS) class or equivalent experience.
- Recommended attendance at the Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks (SWITCH) class.
During the course of instruction the learner will be exposed to the configuration of advanced technologies, such as Fibre Channel, QoS and FCoE, but will not be required to have experience with these technologies in order to successfully complete the class. This course covers initial configuration of Fibre Channel, QoS and FCoE on Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches. For a deeper understanding in Fibre Channel, QoS and FCoE, students are encouraged to explore additional training in those technologies.