In this 2-day instructor-led classroom or online class, you will learn how to deploy, use, & troubleshoot Fortinet’s secure messaging gateway: FortiMail.
The course begins by analyzing email security challenges that organizations face. Instructors explain FortiMail’s role as a specialized device, and how each of its features compare and interplaywith FortiGate in providing high-performance yet in-depth email security. Through hands-on experience, students learn how to protect against these threats.
This prepares you for the FortiMail Specialist Exam. This course qualifies as a specialist course for the NSE 6 designation.
After completing these courses, you will be able to:
- Integrate FortiMail into existing infrastructure, with the optimal operation mode.
- Deploy HA & redundant infrastructure for ultimate uptime of mission-critical email.
- Protect the priceless reputation of your MTA on spam blacklists.
- Secure email transmission via best-of-breed technologies: SMTPS, SMTP over TLS, S/MIME, and IBE.
- Archive email for compliance.
- Leverage your existing LDAP / Active Directory server for user preferences & authentication.
- Eliminate spyware & viruses.
- Route email & manage queues.
- Use personal or domain-wide spam quarantines.
- Throttle client connections, blocking MTA abuse.
- Understand the system architecture of a FortiMail appliance: how email flows through its modules, how it applies intelligent routing and policies to email, and what parts of the configuration to check if legitimate email is being detected as spam.
- Block spam with sophisticated techniques: deep header inspection, heuristics, recipient verification, PDF/image scans, third-party DNSBL and SURBL queries, and the FortiGuard Antispam Service.
- Module 1 Overview
- Module 2 System Configuration
- Module 3 Email Setup
- Module 4 Access Control & Inspection
- Module 5 Antispam
- Module 6 Session Monitoring
- Module 7 Content Inspection & Archiving
- Module 8 Securing Communications
- Module 9 LDAP
- Module 10 Maintenance & Troubleshooting
- Module 11 Transparent Mode
- Module 12 High Availability
- Module 13 Server Mode
- Anyone who is responsible for day-to-day management of a FortiMail appliance.
- Experience with email servers (SMTP)
- Basic understanding of network security