Today, web-based marketing goes beyond advertisements that appear on search engine results pages (SERPs). Robust web marketing with Google AdWords™ allows you to show ads on sites that partner with Google, on the Google Display Network, so your ads appear with content during the course of normal web browsing and web content consumption. Google AdWords targeting technology also helps you define the type of audience you want to reach or the type of content that relates to what you’re advertising. In this way, your ads will appear next to content that is relevant and related, and they will potentially be viewed by consumers who are most interested in the products and services you have to offer.
AdWords tools and technology can automatically find places to show your ads or help you find sites that are potentially a good fit. They can show you statistics and demographics about sites and help you define the audience target for your campaign. Once your campaign is running, AdWords can help you view how your ads are performing and refine targeting to get the best results out of your campaign.
Advertising on the Google Display Network is a complex undertaking. There are many different approaches and options for targeting your campaign, and different strategies for optimizing it. In this course, you will create a Display Network campaign, define location and language targeting, and schedule when your ads will run. You will optimize your Display Network targeting and create a YouTube campaign. Then you will optimize the landing pages associated with the campaign. Finally, you will analyze campaign performance and optimize your campaign.
In this course, you will optimize Google AdWords campaigns.
- Create ad campaigns for the Google Display Network.
- Configure location, language, and schedule for campaigns.
- Optimize contextual and placement targeting.
- Plan and create an ad campaign for YouTube.
- Optimize landing page quality.
- Analyze and optimize Display Network campaigns.
Lesson 1: Creating Ad Campaigns for the Google Display Network
- Topic A: Plan and Create a Campaign
- Topic B: Create a Display Network Ad with Ad Builder
Lesson 2: Configuring Location, Language, and Schedule
- Topic A: Configure Location Targeting
- Topic B: Configure Ad Schedules
Lesson 3: Optimizing Contextual and Placement Targeting
- Topic A: Plan Campaign Placements with the Google Ad Planner
- Topic B: Plan Contextual Targeting for Keywords
- Topic C: Configure Placements for Better Ad Targeting
Lesson 4: Planning and Creating an Ad Campaign for YouTube
- Topic A: Review YouTube Advertising Options
- Topic B: Analyze Keywords and Placements for YouTube
- Topic C: Create Video Ads
Lesson 5: Optimizing Landing Page Quality
- Topic A: Optimize Landing Pages for Quality Score
- Topic B: Optimize Landing Pages for Conversions
Lesson 6: Analyzing and Optimizing Display Network Campaigns
- Topic A: Analyze Campaign Dimensions
- Topic B: Optimize Campaigns
Appendix A: Google Certified Professional Exam Mappings
This course is designed for Google AdWords users who are running or wish to run ad campaigns on the Google Display Network, and who wish to optimize those campaigns to achieve better performance.
Basic ability to use a web browser and productivity software (Microsoft Office or Google Drive) along with familiarity with the fundamentals of Google AdWords are required. You can obtain this level of skill and knowledge by taking the following Logical Operations course: