As a web advertiser, you quickly get into the rhythm of configuring campaign elements, monitoring campaign statistics, and making adjustments. Being successful requires constant interaction with your campaigns, inventory, and prospective clients. Google AdWords™ has tools and features to help web advertisers stay plugged into their accounts, work offline, and to help them refine and test changes to their accounts. Knowledge about how to utilize these tools and features can make the difference between being reactive and being proactive about your marketing.
This becomes especially important as the focus of your web advertising shifts from initial set up and campaign launch, to sustained performance. This is the time when your campaigns are expected to become profitable and productive components of your business strategy. You have to calculate profitability, measure return on investment, and show how your campaigns are impacting customer actions. While you’re doing that, you also have to manage, and most likely, scale your advertising budget. These are complex responsibilities, but AdWords has tools and features to assist with these tasks as well.
In this course, you will use the AdWords Editor tool to manage your account while offline, and move data between accounts. You will then use advanced AdWords features to dynamically generate ads, insert keywords into ads, and experiment with changes to your campaign before making them permanent. You will link your AdWords account with Google Analytics to give you better insight into what your advertising clients are responding to on your website. Following that, you will shift your focus to tracking and measuring return on investment by implementing conversion tracking and optimizing for conversions. You will continue to focus on growth and profitability as you learn how to optimize bids and scale budgets based on performance. Finally, you will learn how to manage multiple AdWords accounts with the AdWords My Client Center, and review how software applications can use the AdWords API to access AdWords data.
In this course you will analyze campaign performance and improve ad and site quality to improve performance and results.
- Manage and organize your AdWords data.
- Implement and manage advanced features.
- Analyze and measure campaign performance.
- Track and optimize conversions.
- Manage and scale budgets and bidding.
- Manage clients with My Client Center.
Lesson 1: Managing and Organizing Your AdWords Data
- Topic A: Configure the AdWords Editor and Import Archived Data
- Topic B: Analyze and Import AdWords Data
- Topic C: Organize Your AdWords Data
Lesson 2: Implementing and Managing Advanced Features
- Topic A: Configure Dynamic Search Ads
- Topic B: Configure Keyword Insertion
- Topic C: Create Campaign Experiments
Lesson 3: Analyzing and Measuring Campaign Performance
- Topic A: Link Google AdWords to Google Analytics
- Topic B: Measure AdWords Campaign Success
Lesson 4: Tracking and Optimizing Conversions
- Topic A: Configure Conversion Tracking
- Topic B: Optimize for Conversions
Lesson 5: Managing and Scaling Bidding and Budgets
- Topic A: Optimize Bidding for Better Performance
- Topic B: Manage and Grow Budgets
Lesson 6: Managing Clients with My Client Center
- Topic A: Manage Clients with My Client Center
- Topic B: Review the AdWords API
Appendix A: Google Certified Professional Exam Mappings
This course is designed for Google AdWords users who are running multiple, advanced AdWords campaigns, and who must manage, measure, and optimize those campaigns.
Basic ability to use a web browser and productivity software (Microsoft® Office or Google Drive™) along with familiarity with the fundamentals of Google AdWords are required. You can obtain this level of skill and knowledge by taking the following Logical Operations courses:
- Google AdWords™: Part 1
- Google AdWords™: Part 2