The course provides the participants with specific knowledge¬†on synchronization distribution solutions in packet networks.¬†It covers the necessary arguments to the engineering department¬†on how to design properly the network synchronization¬†based on standard Sync-E and IEEE-1588. The course also¬†analyzes how to improve the quality of the synchronous network,¬†for example aiming to reduce the PDV. Finally, the course¬†provides useful troubleshooting procedures.
- Synchronization requirements for Frequency, Phase and ToD
- Timing sources (PRTC, GPS, SASE)
- Stability and Accuracy
- Synchronization through the physical Ethernet
- Features & implementation of Sync-E
- SSM implementation
- IEEE-1588 protocol and messages
- How to improve the sync stability and accuracy
- Boundary and Transparent Clock
- Comparison between Sync-E and IEEE-1588
- Planning the synchronism distribution in Sync-E and IEEE-1588
- Case Studies and Sync-Loss effects
- Jitter and Wander analysis
- Packet Delay Variation (PDV)
- PDV threshold in the network
- Transport network engineers and mobile¬†network engineers involved in¬†network planning and synchronization¬†management.
- Specific skills on IP, Ethernet and synchronization¬†techniques on SDH networks.
The practical activities include the use¬†of interactive graphical simulators,¬†which will help the understanding the¬†degradation effects in the network distribution¬†of synchronism.