Course Level:Junos Class of Service is an advanced level course.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the history and evolution of CoS.
- Identify the CoS fields in various packet headers.
- List the CoS processing stages on devices running the Junos OS.
- Identify the default CoS settings on devices running the Junos OS.
- Configure and verify behavior aggregate (BA) and multifield (MF) classification.
- Configure and verify two-color and tricolor marking policers.
- Configure and verify schedulers and their components.
- Configure and verify the multiple levels of hierarchical schedulers.
- Configure and verify packet header rewriting.
- Configure and verify class-based forwarding.
- Create a CoS configuration based on a set of design requirements.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction Chapter 2: CoS Overview
- CoS History and Evolution
- CoS and DiffServe
- CoS Fields in Packet Headers
- CoS Processing
Chapter 3: Packet Classification
- Classification Overview
- Forwarding Classes and Packet Loss Priority
- Fixed Classification
- Multifield Classification
- Behavior Aggregate Classification
- Lab 1: Configuring Packet Classification
Chapter 4: Policing
- Policing Overview
- Single-Rate Two-Color Policer
- Tricolor Marking Policers
- Hierarchical Policers
- Application—Directly on an Interface
- Application—Within a Firewall Filter
- Lab 2: Configuring Policers
Chapter 5: Scheduling
- Scheduling Overview
- Transmission Rate
- Queue Priority
- Delay Buffers
- Drop Profiles and Drop Profile Maps
- Scheduling Configuration
- Lab 3: Configuring Schedulers
Chapter 6: Hierarchical Scheduling
- Hierarchical Scheduling Overview
- Scheduler Modes
- Hierarchical Scheduling Levels
- Throughput Example
- Remaining Traffic
- Queue Properties in a Hierarchical Scheduling Context
- Putting It All Together
- Lab 4: Configuring Hierarchical Schedulers
Chapter 7: Rewrite Rules
- Packet Header Rewrite Overview
- Rewrite Rules and Tables
- Rewrite Combinations
- Lab 5: Configuring Rewrite Rules
Chapter 8: CoS-Based Forwarding
- CBF Overview
- CBF Configuration
- Lab 6: Configuring CBF
Chapter 9: Case Study
- VOIP Case Study Overview
- VOIP Case Study: Ingress Node
- VOIP Case Study: Transit and Egress Nodes
Appendix A: CoS Processing on M Series, T Series, and MX Series Devices
- M Series and T Series Architecture
- M Series and T Series CoS Packet Handling
- IQ2 PIC CoS Packet Handling
- MX Series (DPC and MPC/MIC) Architecture and CoS Packet Handling