Email has become one of the most widely used methods of communication, whether for personal or business communications. In most organizations, large or small, email is the preferred form of communicating information among employees. As email grew in popularity and use, most organizations found the need to implement a corporate mail management system such as Microsoft® Outlook® to handle the emails, meeting invitations, and other communications sent among employees.
In this course, you will explore the advanced features provided with the Outlook interface, such as advanced message, calendar, and contacts management. You will use the Tasks and Journal workspaces provided in the application to manage task assignments to you and others, and to record interactions you have with your colleagues. You will also share your workspaces with other users, and use Outlook data files to save and back up your important information.
This course is the second in a series of two Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2013 courses. It will provide you with the advanced skills you may need to fully and efficiently use Outlook 2013 to manage your communications and interactions with other people. You can also use this course to prepare for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification exams for Microsoft Outlook 2013.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to use the advanced features in Outlook to manage the advanced options for message, contacts, and calendar management and perform more advanced tasks such as task assignment, journaling, sharing workspaces, and backing up to data files. They will:
- Configure advanced message options.
- Perform advanced message management tasks.
- Perform advanced calendar management tasks.
- Perform advanced contact management tasks.
- Manage activities by using tasks and journal entries.
- Share Outlook workspaces with other users.
- Manage Outlook data files.
Lesson 1: Configure Advanced Message Options
- Topic A: Insert Advanced Characters and Objects
- Topic B: Modify Message Settings, Properties, and Options
- Topic C: Use Automatic Replies
Lesson 2: Advanced Message Management
- Topic A: Sort Messages
- Topic B: Filter Messages
- Topic C: Organize Messages
- Topic D: Search Messages
- Topic E: Manage Junk Mail
- Topic F: Manage Your Mailbox
Lesson 3: Advanced Calendar Management
- Topic A: Manage Advanced Calendar Options
- Topic B: Manage Additional Calendars
- Topic C: Manage Meeting Responses
Lesson 4: Advanced Contact Management
- Topic A: Edit an Electronic Business Card
- Topic B: Manage Advanced Contacts Options
- Topic C: Forward Contacts
- Topic D: Export Contacts
Lesson 5: Managing Activities by Using Tasks and Journal Entries
- Topic A: Assign and Manage Tasks
- Topic B: Record and Modify Journal Entries
Lesson 6: Sharing Workspaces with Others
- Topic A: Delegate Access to Mail Folders
- Topic B: Share Your Calendar
- Topic C: Share Your Contacts
Lesson 7: Managing Outlook Data Files
- Topic A: Back Up Outlook Items
- Topic B: Change Data File Settings
Appendix A: Microsoft Office Outlook 2013 Exam 77-423
Appendix B: Configuring Email Message Security Settings
Appendix C: Microsoft Outlook 2013 Common Keyboard Shortcuts
This course is intended for people who have a basic understanding of Microsoft® Windows® and Microsoft Office Outlook 2013 and want or need to know how to perform more advanced tasks in Outlook.
To ensure success, students should be familiar with using personal computers, and should have experience using a keyboard and mouse. Students should have experience with the Windows® 8 environment, and be able to use Windows 8 to manage information on their computers. Specific tasks the students should be able to perform include: launching and closing applications, navigating basic file structures, and managing files and folders. Before starting this course, students should have completed one or more of the following courses or possess the equivalent knowledge:
- Using Microsoft® Windows® 8
- Microsoft® Windows® 8: Transition from Windows 7
- Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2013: Part 1