Your Windows 8.1 tablet is a powerful tool to help you stay organized and connected when you are on the move. Today’s tablets are powerful computers in their own right. You can use your Windows 8.1 tablet to manage your schedule, keep up with news and email, compose and deliver presentations, and even run productivity apps such as Microsoft Office. In this course, you will learn how to set up, configure, and secure a Windows 8.1 tablet, run and use various apps, manage files, use your tablet in conjunction with other devices, and search for information.
In this course, you will learn to use a Microsoft Windows 8.1 tablet for business use.
- Run and use apps on a Windows 8.1 tablet.
- Install, configure, and uninstall Windows 8.1 apps.
- Use Windows 8.1 features to quickly find information.
- Share information from a Windows 8.1 tablet.
- Manage files on your tablet.
- Configure your tablet and the devices you connect to it.
- Secure your tablet and the resources you access with it.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Your Microsoft Windows 8.1 Tablet
- Topic A: Identify Components of a Windows 8.1 Tablet
- Topic B: Launch Apps and Navigate from the Start Screen
- Topic C: Enter Text Using the Touch Interface
- Topic D: Navigate Between Apps
Lesson 2: Managing Apps
- Topic A: Set Up a Microsoft Account
- Topic B: Install and Configure Apps
Lesson 3: Finding Information
- Topic A: Use Windows 8.1 Search
- Topic B: Use Internet Explorer
- Topic C: Obtain Help and Support
Lesson 4: Sharing Information
- Topic A: Use Mail
- Topic B: Use Windows 8.1 Spelling Check
- Topic C: Share from Apps
Lesson 5: Managing Files
- Topic A: Manage Files with File Explorer
- Topic B: Search Within Files
Lesson 6: Configuring Your Tablet
- Topic A: Configure the Start Screen
- Topic B: Configure Settings
- Topic C: Add and Remove Devices
- Topic D: Configure and Use Printing Devices
- Topic E: Configure Display Devices
- Topic F: Maintain Your Hardware
Lesson 7: Securing Your Tablet
- Topic A: Secure Your Tablet Physically
- Topic B: Secure Your Tablet Software and Files
- Topic C: Secure Your Network and Web Access
Appendix A: Windows 8.1 Navigation Summary
Appendix B: Setting Up Tablets
Appendix C: Backup and Sync
This course is designed for students with some experience using Windows® XP, Vista®, or 7 who wish to learn how to use a Windows 8.1 tablet for business use.
To ensure success, students should be familiar with using personal computers, preferably some version of Microsoft Windows such as Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7.