Acquiring the knowledge about the storage solutions and related¬†networking. Starting from SAN‚Äôs state of the arts platforms,¬†the course explains the evolutions for Data Center applications¬†and Big Data. The course explains the techniques of Storage¬†Administration and Configuration through RAID Group implementation,¬†Virtual Snapshot, LUN Copy, LUN Clone, Smart¬†Caching and Thin Provisioning.
- Storage tecnology evolution
- HDD and SSD devices
- Solid State Technology: SLC and MLC
- Communication interfaces and iSCSI and FC protocols
- Storage hardware
- DAS, NAS and SAN
- Block Storage and File Storage
- Multipath technology
- Host server systems: analysis and comparisons
- SAN solutions: analysis and comparisons
- Backup and Disaster Recovery
- RAID technology
- RAID levels
- RAID 2.0+ technology
- LUN in traditional RAID and in RAID 2.0+
- Big Data and Cloud Computing overview
- Technical personnel and network managers¬†involved in Storage platform management,¬†both for internal use and for¬†Cloud Storage as a Service customers.
- Basic computer skills.