- Introduction to partitioning
- Processor virtualization
- Integrated Virtual Ethernet
- Virtual Ethernet
- Virtual I/O Server and virtual devices
- Virtual network configuration with dual VIOS
- Virtual SCSI configurations with dual VIOS
- N_Port ID virtualization
- Migration from physical to virtual storage
- HMC Service Management
- PowerVM advanced systems maintenance
This advanced course is intended for system administrators, technical support personnel, and business partners responsible for implementing LPARs on IBM Power Systems servers.
You should have:
- advanced system administration experience with AIX 6 or AIX 7. This prerequisite can be met by attending one of the following courses:
- Power Systems for AIX II: AIX Implementation and Administration (AN12AU)
- Power Systems for AIX III: Advanced Administration and Problem Determination (AN15AU)
- AIX Jumpstart for UNIX Professionals (AN14AU)
Alternatively, you must have equivalent AIX and LPAR skills.
General TCP/IP knowledge is strongly recommended. This prerequisite can be met by attending TCP/IP for AIX Administrators (AN21AU).
You are also expected to have logical partition administration skills on POWER6 or POWER7 processor-based systems, which can be obtained by attending Power Systems for AIX I: LPAR Configuration and Planning (AN11AU).