Acquiring the knowledge of infrastructure, equipment and softwareÂ used by Storage Area Network in the Big Data era. StartingÂ from the analysis of modern high-performance SAN platforms,Â the course describes the most important features including the direct communication with the hypervisor, the mechanisms ofÂ Fast Replication, Smart Caching and Data Protection. Finally,Â the implementations of new networks Cloud Object Storage inÂ the HTTP Content-based are discussed.
- Storage networks with SAN Controller and NAS
- From HDD to SSD technology evolution
- High performant Block Storage with iSCSI and Fibre Channel
- Cloud Oriented Object Storage Based on REST (RPC)
- OpenStack Swift as the Object Storage manager
- Implementations of Next Gen. Storage: Rackspace, NASA, Amazon Web Services EC2 and S3
- Interworking between SAN equipment and the Hypervisors
- Object Storage Virtual Machines via HTTP/REST
- Virtual Switches and Virtual Firewalls for Storage Networks
- Technical personnel and network administratorsÂ responsible for Big DataÂ service management, both for internalÂ use and for Cloud Storage as a ServiceÂ customers.
- TCP/IP Suite basic understanding.