This course will provide you with the fundamental skills and concepts required to maintain, support, and work efficiently with personal computers.
KURSETS FORMĂ L
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to safely set up a basic workstation, including installing basic hardware and software and establishing basic network connectivity; identify and correct compatibility issues; identify and prevent basic security risks; and practice basic support techniques on computing devices.
- Identify hardware commonly found in or attached to computing devices.
- Identify software commonly installed on computing devices.
- Set up a basic workstation.
- Configure network access.
- Work with files, folders, and applications.
- Configure and use wireless devices.
- Secure computing devices.
- Support computers and users.
LESSON 1 – IDENTIFYING COMPUTER HARDWARE
- Identify Types of Computing Devices
- Identify Internal Computer Components
- Common Computer Connector Types
- Identify Common Peripheral Devices
LESSON 2 – IDENTIFYING COMPUTER SOFTWARE
- Compare Functions and Features of Common Operating Systems
- Identify Application Software
LESSON 3 – SETTING UP A BASIC WORKSTATION
- Connect Hardware
- Install and Configure Operating Systems
- Install and Configure Applications
- Configure Accessibility Options
LESSON 4 – CONFIGURING NETWORK ACCESS
- Network Connection Types
- Install and Configure a SOHO Router
- Network and Alternative Technologies
- Sharing and Storage Methods
LESSON 5 – WORKING WITH FILES, FOLDERS, AND APPLICATIONS
- Create Files
- Navigate a File Structure
- Manage Files and Folders
- Compress and Extract Files
- Create Screen Captures
LESSON 6 – CONFIGURING AND USING WIRELESS DEVICES
- Configure Wireless Devices
- Use Wireless Devices
LESSON 7 – SECURING COMPUTING DEVICES
- Identify Security Threats
- Apply Security Best Practices
- Perform Secure Web Browsing
LESSON 8 – SUPPORTING COMPUTERS AND USERS
- Environmental and Safety Concepts
- Back Up and Restore Data
- Manage Software
- Implement Basic Support Measures
This course is designed for individuals who are considering a career in information technology (IT) and who might be planning to pursue CompTIA IT Fundamentals certification, CompTIA A+â˘ certification, or other similar certifications.