This course provides trainees with basic knowledge on Frame Relay and ATM networks. After describing the typical traffic sources for these networks, the training will analyze protocols, network architectures, operating modalities, QoS policies and functions in terms of management and maintenance.
- Data link HDLC protocols
- ISDN frame structure and architecture
- Frame Relay: HDLC LAP-F
- DLCI Addressing and¬† Frame Relay switching
- QoS Frame Relay: CIR, PIR, EIR, Be, Bc
- ATM cell structure
- UNI/NNI interfaces
- ATM switching with VPI/VCI
- ATM Adaptation Layer (AAL)
- ATM physical interfaces
- PVC, SVC and Soft-PVC (SPVC)
- ATM service categories: CBR, rt-VBR, nrt-VBR, VBR, ABR, UBR
- ATM Traffic Shaping and Policing
- Circuit Emulation Service (CES)
- ATM Interworking
- ATM O&M
- This course is intended for TLC networks operators working with activation, maintenance and management of data networks, based on Frame Relay techniques and ATM.
- Electronics or telecommunications basic skills.