This course aims to provide knowledge on the FTTx access architecture, with particular focus onÂ Fiber-Copper hybrid systems characteristics and new GPON and Ethernet access technologies.Â Furthermore, the Point-to-Point FTTH solution will be deeply analyzedÂ and compared with the GPON solution regarding operation differences.
- Copper access network structure
- Access Network fibers
- Attenuation and dispersion
- Triple Play and requirements
- Building structured cabling: BrownField and GreenField
- Installation innovative methods: mini-dig, no-dig
- NGN and NGN2 projects
- Maintenance issues
- FTTH: Fiber To The Home
- FTTE: Fiber To The Exchange
- FTTB: Fiber To The Building
- FTTCab: Fibre To The Cabinet
- FTTC: Fiber To The Curb
- GPON Technology
- VDSL2 Technology
- OLT, ONT and ONU Optical Line
- Broadband Forum TR-156/167
- FTTH PTP vs FTTH GPON
- Loss, Cross Talk, Interference
This course is addressed to personnel working in the areas of network operation, maintenance and planning of a Service Provider or Network Provider.
Ethernet DSLAM platforms for xDSL access network skills.