Acquiring the knowledge about the features of the new Pointto-Multipoint access technologies based on the GPON protocol, used for the passive FTTH access architectures. ThisÂ technique allows the low cost deployment of the fiber infrastructure till to the customer site.
- GPON architectures
- Optical splitter types
- Optical Power Budget and Splitting Ratios
- OLT and ONT
- GPON optical transceivers
- WDM-PON and TDM-PON
- Standard ITU-T G.984.1/2/3/4
- ONT Setup and Ranging
- Dynamic Bandwidth Assignment
- GTC Upstream and Downstream frame
- T-CONT: Types and features
- GEM Port: features
- GPON Multiplexing Architecture
- ONT & OLT QoS Management
- GPON Security
- GPON evolution: XG-PON (ITU-T G.987)
Technical personnel working in developmentÂ and management of the newÂ fiber networks which reach till to theÂ customer site (FTTH).
Knowledge of Ethernet DSLAM platformsÂ used for xDSL access network.