Acquiring the knowledge about the features of the new Pointto-Multipoint access technologies based on the GPON protocol, used for the passive FTTH access architectures. This¬†technique allows the low cost deployment of the fiber infrastructure till to the customer site.
- GPON architectures
- Optical splitter types
- Optical Power Budget and Splitting Ratios
- OLT and ONT
- GPON optical transceivers
- WDM-PON and TDM-PON
- Standard ITU-T G.984.1/2/3/4
- ONT Setup and Ranging
- Dynamic Bandwidth Assignment
- GTC Upstream and Downstream frame
- T-CONT: Types and features
- GEM Port: features
- GPON Multiplexing Architecture
- ONT & OLT QoS Management
- GPON Security
- GPON evolution: XG-PON (ITU-T G.987)
Technical personnel working in development¬†and management of the new¬†fiber networks which reach till to the¬†customer site (FTTH).
Knowledge of Ethernet DSLAM platforms¬†used for xDSL access network.