The course provides specific knowledge on the impact causedÂ by transporting the Sync-E and IEEE1588 over OTN. It describesÂ synchronization aspects in transport and backhaul opticalÂ network in order to plan the most efficient synchronization strategy. The course covers topics such as the principles ofÂ Planning and Design for the Sync distribution on the transportÂ network.
- OTN frame structure and architecture (G.709)
- OTN frame adaptation principles
- Mapping of Client signals (CBR/VBR)
- Generic Framing Procedure (G.7041)
- Positive and negative justification
- Mapping and Demapping effects on Sync-E & IEEE1588
- Jitter and Wander control in OTN (G.8251)
- ODUk Clock precision
- Synchronization Reference Chain
- Transponder features for mapping Sync-E and IEEE1588 mapping
- Sinchronism in ODUk
- Case studies
- Fixed and mobile network engineers involvedÂ in Operation, Planning and DesignÂ of synchronism distribution.
- Specific skills on synchronous packetÂ technology (Sync-E, IEEE 1588).
The course includes practical exercisesÂ and software simulators that will beÂ used to better understand and analyzeÂ the effects of Sync-E and IEEE1588Â over OTN transport.