Industrial Control systems (ICS), SCADA and OT networks operating within regulated Utility environments are held accountable to ever stringent NIST and NERC-CIP guidelines and mandates. This stems from the broader Smart Grid initiatives pervading the Utilities Industry. The next evolution in the Smart Grid story is the emergence of IT/OT Convergence, driving migration away from proprietary protocols to common TCP/IP network infrastructures. This shift does not come without consequences: ICS/OT critical infrastructure environments are more than ever susceptible to a greater range of security threats and attacks.
Internet of Things Security SE Workshop â€“ Utilities Vertical is an immersive program for Ciscoâ€™s valued partners, providing a detailed understanding of the unique security challenges within ICS/OT Utility environments and the corresponding mitigating strategies. Participants will understand how to design and articulate a zero-trust security architecture vision leveraging Ciscoâ€™s comprehensive security portfolio, including the Next Generation ASA Firewall services running FirePOWER services and Advanced Malware Protection (AMP). Additionally, they will gain a deep understanding on how to align and address the relevant security use cases from Ciscoâ€™s IoT Portfolio specific to the Utilities vertical.
- Understand the differences between the security requirements in an ICS/OT environment versus a traditional IT environment, as it pertains to the growing trend of IT/OT Convergence within Utilities
- Understand how NERC-CIP, NIST and other Utility specific regulations impact Design, Deployment and Operations of ICS/OT environments within the Utilities Vertical.
- Gain foundational knowledge of the IoT Security Architecture Framework and the Zero-Trust Security Architecture model across lifecycle phases for ICS/OT environments
- Build a Bill of Materials (BOM) for an IT/OT Converged Security implementation
- Practice an IoT Security customer conversation
Upon completion of Internet of Things Security SE Enablement â€“ Utilities Vertical, Cisco security professionals will gain a fundamental understanding on how to develop a zero trust security model within an IT/OT Converged ICS/OT environment, incorporating the very latest in Ciscoâ€™s IoT Portfolio of security solutions.
- Participants should have a CCNP Security or the equivalent in experience
- Complete the Industrial Control Systems Fundamentals for Network Engineers (ICINS) E-Learning
- Complete the Internet of Things Sales Engineer Workshop â€“ Utilities Program.