This course aims to provide trainees with the necessary knowledge for the performance proper valuation on Transport Networks. Starting from the parameters defined by the ITU Recommendations to measure the transmission quality, thresholds for acceptable, degraded and unacceptable quality will be discussed. Furthermore, this training covers the quality indicators measurement for new transport modes,Â from MPLS to Carrier Ethernet, to the Data, Voice and Video Real Time packet routing.
- The transmission process
- Digital coding
- Errors and their distribution
- Alarms analysis
- ES, SES, UAS and BBER parameters
- G.821 and G.826 Recommendations
- Packet delay (latency)
- Packet jitter
- Packet loss
- QoS over IP control
- Quality of Voice Service standards (ITU-T P.800, G.114)
- MOS Quality estimation
- Coding techniques
- Video signals characteristics
- MPEG and H.263 coding
- Audio-Video Synchronization
- Quality Degradation in Broadcast and Mobile networks
- Personnel involved in telecommunications networkÂ management, maintenance and design.
- TLC networks basic skills.
To support the theoretical part of the training, we will show results of several tests performed on different types of networks, such as VoIP traffic analysis depending on loss, latency and jitter variables. To check the information quality at the highest layers, different encoded voice flows are reproduced and compared, also the error impact on video content is simulated.