Acquiring in-depth knowledge about UMTS Core Network evolution, from Release 3, better known as Release ‚Äô99, to Release 7. After a traffic sources (client signals) characterization, this course analyzes Core Network architectures and its network elements. Moreover, call establishment procedures are described. Finally, QoS issues are discussed.
- Voice, Video and Data services
- MSC-Server and Media Gateway
- 3G-SGSN and GGSN
- HLR, FNR and SCP
- RANAP procedures
- ATM and Ethernet interfaces
- Call Control and Bearer Control
- Q.AAL2 for ATM PVC
- Transcoder Free Operation
- OoBTC via BICC and SIP-I Trunks
- H.248 implementation
- Nb over IP migration
- CES services and VoIP Trunking
- SIGTRAN Signaling Gateway
- PSTN interworking
- Multi APN sessions
- Multi PDP sessions
- Transport over SDH and OTN network
- 4G migration
- This course is designed for personnel working for network operators who is involved in UMTS network implementation, operation and maintenance.
- TLC networks basic understanding.
Practical activities include the use of traffic generators and analyzers to simulate live network conditions. Laboratory sessions are supported by signal flow analysis.